How to Get Started
- Register online at www.BiogenicHeat.com
- Receive a one-time authorization code
- Click the “Run” button to begin
Bio-Therm can be used for a variety of applications. Therefore, the model has multiple levels of complexity using both field data (ambient and groundwater temperatures, soil temperatures, and measured NSZD rates) and lab data (NSZD rates and their temperature dependence).
E-Flux recommends learning Bio-Therm’s capabilities in two levels: basic and advanced.
Make sure you are comfortable with basic features before using advanced inputs.
- Site-specific soil parameters
- Elevation and contaminant concentration data
- Groundwater and ambient temperatures
- Modified microbial rate losses (from lab data)
- Providing supplementary heat to enhance NSZD
- Using soil temperatures to implement thermal-gradient methods for NSZD rates (with or without background correction)